Formed in the summer of 2007, the Texas Educational Technology Collaborative (Texas Education)'s mission is to support highly effective and innovative network-enabled teaching and learning opportunities for the Texas Teen education community by:
- Maximizing effectiveness and improving upon the stewardship of limited resources
(including money and time).
- Achieving critical mass for sustainability of Educational Technology initiatives over time.
- Benefitting from economies of scale.
- Reducing duplication.
- Increasing funding opportunities.
- Enhancing access to content, applications, and other offerings.
- Supporting informed decision making among technology leaders.
- Providing a unified "voice" on online teaching/learning policy and funding issues.
- Improving teaching, learning, and student outcomes.
- Preparing students for the future by ensuring that they have the opportunity to obtain
technology skills and to become knowledgeable about technology resources and tools.